HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas 2008 (MCS GDT)

Good evening fellow scrappers!  Today I bring you the first of three pages I've made with the December My Creative Scrapbook (MCS) Main Kit.  Yes, I was honored to be asked by Pam, the owner of MCS, to guest design for the month of December.  I happily agreed.

My Creative Scrapbook offers it's customers 4 different kits each month!  Talk about variety--there's something for everybody in this kit club.  You have your Main Kit, Limited Edition Kit, Creative Kit & the Album Kit.  Make sure to check out their site to see all the other talented designers take on this month's kits.

This kit gave me the opportunity to scrap pages of holidays long gone.  I started off with 2008 which was also the first year we had our pup Toby.  He's been religiously posing with us in every Christmas photo thereafter.

For the design of this first page, I went with a similar approach to my 'You Should Know' page.  I really like that design & the festive scallop circle that came with the kit lent itself to do a similar design.

Here's the MCS December main kit filled with papers by Authentic, Echo Park & Carta Bella &  lots of other embellishments, ribbons & flowers by Petaloo & Prima.
Everything used on this page came with the kit including this sheer green ribbon that I made into a bow.  I adhered a red brad to the center of the bow.
The kit came with many sticker sheets with tons of tags, borders, images & sayings.  Just about every single sticker I used on this page I first adhered to a transparency & then cut out.  TIP: If you want to have the flexibility of placing your stickers anywhere on your page--consider adhering them to transparencies/acrylic first & cutting them out.  This way you can position & re-postion them anywhere you want & only adhere them once you're ready.
With all the little Christmas themed embellies...this kit lent itself to do lots & lots of layering.  So that's what I did!
This is a close up of the folded corner.

I highlighted the border of the scallop circle with dots of Bisque Liquid Pearls.  I also used this same technique to add a bit more visual interest to the frame around my photo.
Another close up of some more layering.  I dressed up many of my embellishments & the page itself with dots of Stickles in Xmas Red, Lime Green & Star Dust.

Thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit.  I'll be back again soon to present the 2nd page I made with this fabulous kit!
Photobucket

2 comments:

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!