HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas 2011 (MCS GDT)

Good evening once again fellow scrappers!  Am back to share my final layout made with the My Creative Scrapbook (MCS) December Main Kit.  I greatly enjoyed guest designing for them this month & enjoyed this kit even more!

For this page, I scrapped a couple of candid Christmas photos from last year that were taken during our annual Christmas card photo shoot.  When you try to take photos with a pet--believe me--you end up with several 'candid' shots!
This is the MCS Main Kit that I worked with.  Everything you see on my page except for the dark brown jute came with the kit.

MCS offers it's customers 4 different kits each month!  Talk about versatility.  They have the Main Kit, Limited Edition Kit, Creative Kit & Album Kit.  So there's something for everyone.

I once again broke out my Xmas Red, Lime Green & Star Dust Stickles and added visual interest to my page by accentuating most of my sticker embellishments & background with dots of Stickles.
The 'Christmas' is a sticker that I first adhered to a transparency & then cut out.  This way I was able to place it on top of my large cream Prima flower.  TIP:  Try adhering sticker embellishments to transparencies/acrylic & then cut them out.  This way you have the flexibility of placing them anywhere on your page.
The buttons were chipboard stickers that came with the kit.  All I did was tie a bit of red & white twine through the button holes & then adhered them to my page.

Thanks for stopping by!  Do take the time to visit the MCS blog & check out the other talented DT's take on this month's kits.

Enjoy the rest of the week!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous page with so many amazing details. Love the bold colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!