HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Live Simply. Love Much.

Hello again fellow crafters!  Greetings from a very snowed in Wednesday.  Here in the East Coast we just got about a foot of snow or so--it's a winter wonderland outside my window.  Beautiful to look at but not very pleasant to have to drive in. 

So with Christmas barely over--out come the projects for the next holiday on the way which is Valentine's Day.  :-)

Today I'm sharing a project I made for Authentique.  I've used their 'Smitten' collection for this one which is in shades of pink, reds & browns.  These papers are just right for any Love themed or Valentine's Day project.

I've once again created some sort of hybrid project.  This one is a cross between a card & a tag.  It has a sleeve with a diagonal pocket that holds the tag in place & the tag can be pulled out of the sleeve.
The stamped image is by Elisabeth Bell.  I cut the image out and voted against coloring it in.  I felt it would stand out more against the bright red heart if I left it as is.  I just highlighted all of the hearts in red and added a few details to the image with Star Dust Stickles.  The large heart in between the couple I colored in red and added Glossy Accents to it.  So in person it has a very shiny, almost epoxy look.
The organza pink flower seen here is an item from my own stash.  I have a few of these flowers in different colors up for sale in my Etsy shop.  If interested, feel free to see them here
These white organza flowers are also part of my stash & I have several of these in my Etsy shop as well in a variety of colors.  These flowers are great for filling in floral clusters.

All the paper embellishments seen on this tag are stickers from the 'Smitten' collection.
This is why this tag also serves as a card.  Behind the tag I created a pocket from one of the 'Smitten' elements.  Inside the pocket I tucked in a white blank piece of card stock.  Here one can write a sentiment for that special someone.

As always a big thank you for stopping by...to all those going through this cold weather--stay safe & warm.  Enjoy the rest of the week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!