HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

1st Birthday Layout

This birthday themed layout is one that I've been wanting to post for some time now.  I made this page with the 'Wishes' collection by Authentique.  It showcases one of the photos taken from my son's 1st Birthday photo shoot.

I cannot believe that 1 entire year has flown by already!  My little pea is now walking, talking & is a little man in training.  I personally do not want him to get any bigger!  Sigh...but one cannot stop the hands of time.
 For my background I used the 'Hallmark' paper from the 'Wishes' collection.  It's a busy, yet colorful background.  I grounded my photo & elements by matting them with solid colored elements.

TIP: I created my own mini flags with the use of a Fiskars Banner Punch & wooden tooth picks!  You can see one in this photo.  If you don't have a banner punch you can cut your own triangle either free form or draw it out.  Then with a little bit of glue adhere them onto tooth picks & voila--you have mini flag embellishments!  You can't tell too well in this photo but I curled the flag in an up & down manner so as to give it the effect of it 'flapping' in the wind.
 Sequins are bits that I've had in my stash since the beginning of time--well looky here--I finally found an excuse to use them!  I just randomly scattered them around my page to give it some bling!
 The bright red organza ribbon star flower & the small light blue ribbon flower shown here are items from my own stash.  I have several of these in a variety of colors up for sale in my Etsy shop.  If interested, feel free to check them out here.

The cupcakes were fussy cut from the 'Crave' paper.  I added some Star Dust Stickles to dress them up a bit more.  Here you also see my 2nd mini flag embellishment.
What would a page based on my son be without one of those cute flocked teddy bears!  Oh how I love these little guys.  I find reasons to add them onto the majority of my projects!  :-)

Spring is just a few days away folks--so hang in there!  Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ansolutely beautiful page Kay. Love the birthday themed elements especially the cupcakes but am really liking the teddy very cute hun! Happy 1st birthday to your little man also he's adorbs! xo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!