HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Make A Wish Picture Frame

Hello again fellow scrappers!  Today I have a wooden picture frame that I altered with the use of Authentique's 'Wishes' collection.  I felt that this collection was just right to alter a wooden frame that I've had in my stash for quite some time now.  Some of Authentique's papers are so well embellished that it only takes one of the sheets to complete a project.  That was the case with this frame.

With Star Dust Stickles I further dressed up the cupcakes & balloons.  Adding a bit of shimmer to any die cut always adds just a bit of interest to the eye.

My cluster is composed of flowers from my own stash plus flowers from Petaloo & Manor House Creations.

The entire frame was made with the use of the 'Crave' paper from the 'Wishes' collection.  The design of the banner fit perfectly along the top & the cupcakes were fussy cut from the paper.
From the remaining scraps of paper I cut out a few of the banners & placed them over a couple of the ones on my frame with pop dots.  This gave my banner just a bit of dimension.

I applied some iridescent yellow wired tinsel all around the border of the frame.
With a balloon punch I punched out three balloons & added a bit of thin wire to the back.  The pinwheel & the 'Wishes' sticker are all elements from the 'Wishes' collection.
To finish the frame off I applied two types of ribbon.  A bright silk red ribbon & a sheer cream ribbon.

All that's missing from this frame is that perfect birthday photo!  This frame is up for sale in my new Etsy shop--The Kraft Nook.  Feel free to visit if interested.

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those frames are so cute! I love how the tassels give that perfect touch of sparkles on the frame. And don't even get me started on the flowers. You create the most beautiful works, in my opinion. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who would fall in love with them on the spot, just like me.

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!