HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas 2012 Layout

Hello once again fellow bloggers & scrappers!  Tick tock, tick tock...Christmas is just around the corner!  I still can't believe how fast this year flew by.  Would you believe that I have YET to do some Christmas shopping?  I'm so very much trying to avoid going either the day before Christmas Eve or right on Christmas Eve--but at the rate I'm going--it's looking like I'm heading in that direction--tsk, tsk, tsk...

This week Clear Scraps teamed up with Authentique for a project inspiration blog hop.  Both DT's have created some amazing projects with products from both of these innovative companies.  Today, it's my turn to present my project.

I was given the "Peaceful" collection by Authentique to work with.  This turned out to be perfect timing since we have recently taken our yearly Christmas photo.  I don't usually find the time to scrap my Christmas photos till July!  So am happy to have gotten an early start this time.
Some good ol' fashioned paper tearing & rolling was used on this page.  Here you can see the tearing I did in the upper left hand corner.  I manually tore the papers at an angle.  I then inked the edges with brown chalk ink & with my fingers ripped, wrinkled & curled my paper.

The cute little bird I cut out from the "Solitude" paper that is part of the Peaceful collection.
I'm in love with these cute little mini gift boxes.  I found them at my local craft store Michaels in the mini ornament area.  They're perfect for mini trees & even better for scrapbook pages!
This large acrylic snowflake is of course by Clear Scraps.  It's actually a page from their Snowflake Mini Album.  The pages from these little albums can also be used as embellishments as you can see here.

To see how I gave the snowflake it's texture, feel free to see the tutorial here.

Here's my other snowflake.  I have this one peeking out from underneath my cluster of embellishments.
I randomly applied dots of Xmas Red, Lime Green & Star Dust Stickles to my background.
A big thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit.  Make sure to check out the other DT projects on both the Clear Scraps & Authentique blogs.  They'll be going up all week long!

Enjoy the rest of the week!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! I love all the details on your pages and I love the way you use colour. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely rich and textured page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Kay!!! Love the flower cluster with rolled paper..looks fabulous and of course, the Beautiful family photo with your cute baby...God bless! Happy Holidays!!!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow gorgeous kay!! I always love seeing your layouts...you are so creative! those little snowflakes popping out and lovely as is your use of all of the embellies :) Wishing you a very merry christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!