HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Enjoy The Journey Layout

Good afternoon! Today I'm sharing my DT page for the latest OUAS October challenge.  The journaling theme for this month is: "The Journey..." this can be interpreted in anyway you see fit.  I interpreted it as our everyday journey through life & how for my son, he's at the beginning of his very long journey.

I used the Wander paper by Basic Grey which has a traveling theme with many arrows, cars, maps & stop & go stickers/elements.  I included all kinds of embellishments related to travel which I linked to the theme of taking a long 'journey through life'.

My son is having one big giggle fest in this photo.  He was crawling around on the rug when he just started laughing at a Jim Carrey movie that was playing on the telly during that time.  I'm still trying to figure out how a 9 month old was finding humor in a Jim Carrey flick--my guess is that he found the faces & sounds Jim Carrey was making simply hysterical!
Here's the sketch provided by Nadia & what I based the design for my page on. 
The edges were all heavily distressed & I layered several papers & elements with pop dots for added dimension.
There are several safety pins in my collection of embellishments in all kinds of colors.  I tend to use them to keep my rips & tears in place as shown here in this closeup.  My tearing was more random this time instead of linear.  That very cute banner is a die by La-La Land Crafts.
I'm in love with this hot air balloon die also by La-La Land Crafts.  It's so adorable & fits so many children themed pages.  Come to think of it...it works for just about any theme since I haven't just used it for pages regarding my son. 

I loved that winding road sticker element that is part of the Wander collection--to me it speaks volumes because that's how I interpret this road we call Life.  I see it as being full with many twists & turns--in the end you never know quite where you're going to end up--all that should matter is that wherever you do end up--let's hope you're happy & with no regrets.
The envelope holds my journaling.  My writing was heartfelt & for my son's eyes only--I'm hoping that when he's old enough--he'll read it & take something from it. 

Let's just say that I've gotten a 35 year head start on my own journey & have several lessons learned that I'd like to pass down to him--he'll most likely encounter the same obstacles on his journey that I have on my own--I hope to be there for him to help him get through his obstacles & to learn from them.  The road is long & full of unexpected obstacles as well as smooth traveling where the coast is clear.  We try to take the road less traveled because we want to make our own trails not walk behind existing ones.  It's a fulfilling & exciting journey where we meet so many other travelers from different walks of life. I'm hoping he makes the most out of it like I have tried my best to do so for myself.

Feel free to visit the OUAS blog & see the other DT's interpretation of this month's challenge--as always do take the time to play along if you can! 

Thanks to all of you for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the week.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!