HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Friday, August 25, 2017

Altered Jumbo Wooden Clothespins

Today I bring a Pinterest inspired project with one of Authentique's latest collections--'Beginnings'.  I found this collection to be especially versatile because the colors in the collection can be used for either a boy or girl.  They are are neutral colors such as pastel greens & yellows with just hints of blue & pink. 

So when I saw this large wooden clothespins being altered as photo holders on Pinterest, I thought 'what a great idea!'  I've seen these oversized clothespins at my local craft store for ages & never really thought on how they could be used.  So as soon as I saw this idea on Pinterest I ran down to my craft store & bought three of them.  The best part is that they're only $1.00!  What a great bargain!


 This is what the clothespins look like prior to altering them.  They're just plain oversized...well, clothespins!  They measure approximately 6" inches in height & just a tad under 1 1/2" inches in width.  The best part is that they can stand & display the photos on any shelf or desk.  Love it!


You can actually pull the pins apart from the metal hinge which works out perfectly for painting purposes.  So in doing so, I was able to paint the pins both on the outside & inside.  I painted each wooden pin with acrylic paint.  I used Americana acrylic paint--Lemonade.

Once they dried (TIP: I use a heat gun to speed up the drying process because I'm very impatient!) It was time to embellish them which is the best part. 

I used a variety of different stickers from the sticker sheet that comes with the 'Beginnings' collection along with a few other bits & bobs from my own stash such as the mini flocked teddy bears, glitter chipboard stars & other baby themed embellishments. 


I have to say that I loved how these turned out.  I then printed three different photos of my little guy & have these clothespin photo holders currently sitting in my craft room.  The best part is that you can change up the photos at any time.  These make for unique decorations and/or as quick & easy gifts!

I hope this inspired some of you to alter those jumbo wooden clothespins found in various craft stores--usually in $1.00 bins.  Enjoy!

Supplies: Paper - Authentique, Embellishments - Authentique, Paint - Americana - Lemonade, Chipboard Stars - Freckled Fawn, Other: Jumbo Wooden Clothespins, Mini Flocked Teddy Bears



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!